Cast Iron Pipe Restoration
Many of our Costa Mesa homes built before 1975 have cast iron piping within their sewer lines. One of the main reasons they stopped using this material is because these pipes have relatively short life spans of only 50 to 70 years.
That’s because as water continually comes into contact with the cast iron material, it causes issues with the pipe’s structural integrity. Sooner or later, your cast iron pipes begin rusting, corroding, leaking—and eventually breaking apart.
At Parzival Plumbing, our highly trained plumbers provide cast iron pipe restoration throughout Orange County. We have over 30 years of combined experience in the plumbing industry and will go above and beyond to ensure all your problems are solved promptly and efficiently.
Get ahold of us by calling 949.229.7550 or request service online.
How Do You Fix Cast Iron Pipes?
As we flush and dispose of waste, our cast iron pipes experience frequent use. However, the materials that end up down our sewer and drain systems can build up and cause our Costa Mesa pipes to corrode, deteriorate, rust, burst, or clog.
The following are common causes of cast iron pipe problems:
- Grease: This is one of the biggest culprits for channeling within cast iron piping. Flushing grease down your sewage or drain system will eventually cause your Costa Mesa cast iron pipes to rot away and will result in a channel at the bottom of the pipe.
- Detergents: As you wash your hands, dishes, and clothes, all of the soap and detergent are flushed down the drains and begin to build up within your piping and contribute to corrosion or clogs.
- Chemical drain cleaners: These chemicals, particularly sulfuric acid, are extremely harsh on your pipes and can cause them to weaken.
- Soil and weather conditions: Because your pipes exist beneath your property’s foundation, the minerals within the soil can potentially cause corrosion. Additionally, rapidly changing weather conditions, such as extremely cold to warmer temperatures, can weaken the strength of your pipes.
Our Cast Iron Pipe Restoration Methods
Our Parzival Plumbing licensed professionals can restore your cast iron pipes with minimal impact on your property. Will will not need to dig extensive trenches to access the pipes.
When we arrive at your property, we will first conduct a video camera inspection to diagnose and pinpoint the precise location of the issue.
Next, depending on what we find in our inspection, we will use one of these three methods:
- Picote resurfacing: As grease, fats, soap, minerals, or other deposits contribute to scaling within your pipes, you eventually will need a plumber to descale them. Using Picote resurfacing tools powered by high-speed cables and rotating chains, we can effectively remove any build-up. Your pipes will have smooth interiors to allow for the free flow of water once again.
- Pipe lining: If a section of your cast iron piping needs to be repaired or replaced, our Costa Mesa plumbers will insert an epoxy lining that inflates and takes the place of your old, damaged pipe.
- Pipe bursting: This method involves inserting a conical head with a replacement pipe attached to it through your existing cast iron piping. Because the conical head is larger in diameter, it will burst your damaged pipe apart as it is pulled through—and the replacement pipe will settle in the damaged pipe’s place.
All these methods are designed to provide you with sturdy piping that will allow for increased flow and extended lifespans. These methods are also extremely cost-effective because you will not have to worry about restoring any damaged foundation or landscaping.
Learn More About Cast Iron Pipe Restoration
At Parzival Plumbing, we value innovation and are committed to providing our customers in Costa Mesa, CA, with the highest quality service and the most advanced restoration methods available. Call us today at 949.229.7550 or request service online to schedule a free consultation.