How Hydro Jetting Works
You want your Costa Mesa home’s drains and sewer line to work efficiently—so that means taking care of them! Hydro jetting is a highly effective and noninvasive method of clearing your sewer line.
But how exactly does hydro jetting work? It is a process that involves using high-pressure water to clear any existing clogs and buildup in your sewer line, improving flow and reducing the risk of blockages and sewage backups.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), pipe blockages are responsible for 43 percent of sewer overflows. Don’t let a clogged sewer line lead to an even worse problem!
When it comes to top-quality hydro jetting and other plumbing services, Parzival Plumbing is prepared to assist. Our experts have a wealth of knowledge and experience to ensure a safe and fully functional plumbing and sewer system.
We are always willing to explain our processes and perform the work for you so you can remain comfortable and at ease inside your California home. Call us to schedule service today.
What Is Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting is a process that involves using high-pressure water to clean and clear out blockages, buildup, and debris from sewer lines. Our Parzival Plumbing experts will use a specialized machine that pumps water at high pressure through a hose and into your sewer line.
The water pressure can range anywhere from 3,500 to 4,000 PSI, which is powerful enough to tackle even the toughest clogs.
Before hydro jetting, our Parzival Plumbing professionals typically begin with a video camera inspection. We use this method to assess your sewer system in real-time without having to dig up your yard. It helps us know exactly what is going on so we can recommend the best way to proceed to protect your plumbing and sewer system.
What Causes Drain Clogs?
There are many different causes of clogged drains and sewer lines, some of which include:
- Grease and oil buildup: Fats, oils, and grease (FOG) can accumulate in your drains and sewer lines, leading to clogs over time. To prevent these from clogging your drains, leave all fats, oils, and grease after cooking with them to the side to cool off, and then pour them into a garbage bag later on instead of down your drain.
- Tree roots: Tree roots can grow into sewer lines and cause blockages. If you suspect tree roots may be interfering with your sewer line, schedule a sewer line video inspection so our professionals will evaluate and address the situation.
- Food waste: Food waste can get stuck in sewer lines and cause clogs. If you have a garbage disposal, use it but only for food that is intended to be placed in it. Be sure to clear your plates properly after eating and throw out leftover food on them instead of letting it get down your drain and causing a clog.
- Foreign objects: Flushing foreign objects, wipes, and paper towels can easily lead to a clog. An accumulation of hair and soap scum can also clog up your shower, bathtub, and sink drains. Be sure to schedule regular hydro jetting services so your drain lines can be properly cleaned out.
How Hydro Jetting and Sewer Line Cleaning Can Help
Here’s a list that explains why hydro jetting is so important:
- Clears clogs: Hydro jetting is highly effective at clearing even the toughest clogs in sewer lines. The high-pressure water can dislodge grease, oil, tree roots, and other debris that may be causing a blockage.
- Prevents clogs: Regular sewer line cleaning and maintenance can help prevent clogs from forming in the first place. By removing buildup and debris from sewer lines, the risk of blockages and backups is reduced and flow improves.
- Extends the life of sewer lines: By keeping your sewer lines clean and clear, you help support and extent their lifespan. This means you reduce the risk of costly repairs and replacements and can enjoy your plumbing and sewer system longer.
- Improves sewer line performance: When sewer lines are clogged, they can cause slow drainage, backups, and other issues. Hydro jetting and sewer line cleaning can help improve the performance of your sewer line.
Hydro jetting is a highly effective method of clearing blockages and debris from sewer lines. By scheduling routine hydro jetting services, you can prevent drain clogs and backups, extend the life of your sewer line, and improve performance.
If you’re experiencing drain clogs or backups or you want to ensure your sewer line remains in top condition, schedule hydro jetting and sewer line cleaning services with our Parzival Plumbing professionals.
Call for Hydro Jetting Service
Keep your Costa Mesa, CA, home’s plumbing and sewer line in top shape by scheduling your hydro jetting and sewer maintenance visit with our Parzival Plumbing professionals today! Call us at 949.229.7550 or request service online.